PP 589 Bar bench

Originally, Hans J. Wegner drew this bench for the entrance hall in his house. In 1953, production was instigated by Johannes Hansen’s Møbelsnedkeri A/S, and PP Møbler resumed production in 1991.

The Bench is intended as a piece of furniture that easily and elegantly blends into its surroundings, and becomes a natural and practical part of the interior. It’s well suited for short rests and temporary storing of clothes and newspapers. PP 589 can be seen at many museums, among others at Tønder Museum.

The bench comes in soaptreated ash wood.